1955-61 saw many revisions to the design. Church keys were added to the fuel cap and engine handle and larger recesses were added to the door handles.
Major changes were added to the rear - it now featured separate doors for both tailgate and engine bay. Also the position of the mirrors were relocated to the door hinges for the first time.
In 1955 the campers wheels were reduced from 16" to 15"